Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Book Trailer

Remember that little Book Trailer competition we launched a few months ago, with our friends at Waterstone's? Remember, we were looking for a minute-long ad to play in UK cinemas, promoting the books?

If you remember that, you may also remember the fact that we chose not one, but TWO winners- Liam Fitzpatrick and Danielle Drew- and combined their ideas to make the Best Thing Ever In The World ™.
Remember all that? Oh I AM glad. Because, drum roll please, the trailer is ready.

The reason that this was a “UK only” competition, and the reason the trailer will only be shown in UK cinemas (take a look on the blog tomorrow and there'll be a list), is simply because Waterstone's UK came to us with the proposal. But does that mean you minions living outside of the UK will never be able to see it? Pfffft. How unfair would THAT be? The fact is, we’re putting it online FIRST so that you, my faithful minions, will be able to devour it like the insatiable little zombie-readers that you are.

You’re going to need a bucket as you watch this, because your brain WILL melt. That’s an official health warning.




If you’re having trouble viewing from the blog, click here

1,405 comments:

1 – 200 of 1405   Newer›   Newest»
macshah said...

First

Mr Connor said...

FIRST COMMENT!!!!

Mr Connor said...

DAAAAAAAMMMMM IT!!!!

Aimee x said...

Wooooo! LOVE IT!!!!!

Little_Miss_Molly said...

second!! tht was awesome XD

Little_Miss_Molly said...

Damm it someone got there before me lol :)

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Nearly 1st!

macshah said...

What an awesome trailer congratulations to the winner

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Mr Connor said...

THATS BRILLIANT !!! ITS..... ITS....... ITS DEREKTASTIC!!!

Little_Miss_Molly said...

i can't stop watching it!!! you have addicted me derek ;)well done to the competition winners btw :P

Dragona Pine said...

Awesome... going to watch it :P

Dragona Pine said...

And now for the first time on this blog:


Hmm...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

I love the build up to when you see his face and the just"DEAD".

Dragona Pine said...

And I just HAD to ruin the happy mood :P

Mary Hiashi said...

Awesome sauce...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

FIRST PAGE

AWESOME TRAILER!!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT IN CINEMA'S!!!

Daniela S. said...

This trailer is SO amazing!!!
Will there be a german trailer? That would be awesome :-/

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

And now for the first time EVER

*Cuts Dragona's hair off while he is distacted with the trailer*

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*EPIC SCREAM*

That is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

Brilliant! I love the way your books will be promoted Master Derek!!!!

Thank you so much for allowing your devoted minions outside of the U.K the chance to see it!!!
XDDDDDD

Dragona Pine said...

*dodges the cut*

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Is it gonna be like an ad before the movies?

Britannia Doyle said...

It's great!
Thanks for sharing this with all the world.
I'm not from England and would have been very sorry if I had missed it!!!!
(Actually I thought I would manage first comment today ;) but my account didn't get any access to the page, I had to sign in again. DAMN!!!! Just wait, one day I'll manage.)

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

*Cuts again*

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

LOL Dragona!

Dragona Pine said...

And now I have a reason to go to the cinema...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Landy what about Ireland?

Dragona Pine said...

*dodges the cut*



WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON ME?

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

@Dragona
It was me who won the hair battle Dragona. I did so have hair gel in it....and glitter!

Mary Hiashi said...

Reminds me slightly of some old school PS1 games or something...Oh, kind of like MediEvil.

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Go see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!

I cried a lot watching it.

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Because you are so cute!

Miss Lunar Tears said...

GLITTER

Dragona Pine said...

I WON!

Dragona Pine said...

I am not cute... why do you think I am?

Miss Lunar Tears said...

*sigh*

Oh, dear

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Hi Mary!
@Dragona
I won.
Now be a good boy and do be quiet.
:P

Miss Lunar Tears said...

BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU'RE NOT CUTE!!!

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

I'm cute now too cause I have spikey hair like Dragona boy!

Dragona Pine said...

*sighs*

Sarthacus Bolt - The Black Sound said...

Ooooohhhhhhh SWEET!!!!!


LOVE IT!!!

Cngratulate the guy who made it!!!


And Derek, when are you going on a tour in Scotland?

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

*Gasps*
I HAVE NOW WON TWO WARS! THE WAR TO CUT OFF YOUR HAIR AND THE WAR TO MAKE YOU NOT USE ....s

YOU USED CAPITALS!

Dragona Pine said...

*uses magic yorkshire pudding to make Kallista's hair back to normal*

Dragona Pine said...

Sarthacus read my fanfic!

Miss Lunar Tears said...

AWWWW

DRAGONA, COME HERE, BOY!

*puppy Dragona gallops in and licks Lunar on her face*

EWAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

*pets Little Dragona until he falls asleep on her lap*

Mary Hiashi said...

...Where is that music coming from...?

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Awww.....c'mon Dragona! I was having FUN!!!!

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Sarthacus what makes you think it was a boy?!

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

lol Lunar!

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

The music is perfect for the video!

Dragona Pine said...

*sighs*


Why do you always tease me? Tease Octa... he loves two people from harry potter... I'm sure you would find more things to tease about.

Miss Lunar Tears said...

DEAD STYLISH...

DEAD SCARY...

DEAD POWERFUL...

DEAD.

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*grabs a knive and chops her hair off again*






































*steals some of Dragona's gel and puts it in her hair*


TA-DAAAAA

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

We already have 50 comments and the blog was only released 18 minutes ago!

Miss Lunar Tears said...

2????

WHO'S THE SECOND??

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Octa is not here. He got bored with us.
:(

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

OCTA!! HARRY POTTER!! DO YOU LOVE FRED AND GEORGE?!

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

awww!

Dragona Pine said...

Well tease him anyway...

Mary Hiashi said...

I think it's a cave.

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Why tease him?!
He is honorable if he loves two people from Harry Potter (as long as they are not evil).

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

@Dragona
NO!

Miss Lunar Tears said...

And Octa writes amazing poems

And I've added "Annoying Dragona" to my interests

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Hmm...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

No. Octaboona is better off placing his affections elsewhere.

Dragona Pine said...

Why tease me? I am honorable? But yet they tease me about everything...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Hmm...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

No, just the ... and the hair.

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

and the Hmm...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Yes. You are honorable Dragon...and cute.

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. said...

Hmm...

Dragona Pine said...

They tease me about a LOT more... Octa hasn't even felt a TINY bit of what they tease me about...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

sorry...forgot the a in Dragona.

Miss Lunar Tears said...

WHO IS THE SECOND PERSON OCTA LIKES FROM HARRY POTTER???

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Well....Octaboona is still very new. I've teased him lots since he has been here.
:)

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

Changed my name.

Dragona Pine said...

Ginny and Evanna Lynch...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

I spelled Edgley wrong!

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

@Lunar
Who cares?
Octaboona should not wast his time with them anyways.
:)

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

What?

Dragona Pine said...

I'm not even going to TELL you what they tease ma bout...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*kicks Dragona for bringing up the names*
Grrrrr...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

Don't know Evanna lynch

Miss Lunar Tears said...

He likes Luna Lovegood?

LOL

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

Me?

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

Luna?!

Miss Lunar Tears said...

*cuts off own head*

Dragona Pine said...

He does Lunar...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

I like luna too! She's cool.

Plus her actress is Irish.

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*sighs*

Miss Lunar Tears said...

Has anyone heard this remix

TO THE TUNE OF LIKE A VIRGIN BY MADONNA

Like a surgeon
Cuttin' for the very first time
Like a surgeon
Let your heart beat
For the last time...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

I just compete with Luna and Ginny.
:/

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

I like Fred and George

and Snape

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

LOL
No I have not heard that Lunar

Miss Lunar Tears said...

EMMA WATSON KNOWS BEST :)

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

Ginny is good in the books but I don't like her in the movies.

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

@Tanith
I do too!!!
:D

Dragona Pine said...

*sighs*



*sits in corner*

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

WOW!! THIS IS EPIC!! ... shame the computer doesn't have sound :(

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

No! FDon't say the actor/actress names! That makes Harry Potter less real! And in my point of view Harry potter is REAL!!

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

I mean I like the twins and Snape too! I've always felt bad for Snape and thought he was brave to go through what he did.

Miss Lunar Tears said...

I like... Harry.. and Draco (AWESOME)...

But most of all...

I LIKE DAMON!!!!!

(From Vampire Diaries)

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Why are you in the corner Dragona?

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

Ok, I gotta go byebye everyone!
(sorry for messing your hair Dragona)

Tanith Low that loves Skulduggery Pleasant , Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Gordon Edgly's books. said...

I like Draco too Bye

Mary Hiashi said...

If I go outside, those volatile snow monkeys will attack me...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

If Harry Potter is real, then where's MY Hogwarts letter?

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Bye Tanith!

Darn those bad volatile snow monkeys!!!!

BAD MONKEY! BAD!!!!

Sarthacus Bolt - The Black Sound said...

Writing TTOTC with Tom Bombadil's theme.

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

sounds cool Sarthacus

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*biffs Dragona's head*
I ASKED you a question. Now answer it and don't say Hmmm... to me!


*biffs him again just for good measure*

Sarthacus Bolt - The Black Sound said...

Thanks...




And NOW I go to write.


Solong!

Miss Lunar Tears said...

BYE TANITH!

Dragona Pine said...

I've just watched the trailer... it was awesome... this computer is really slow...



@ Kallista, Hmm...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

That's to bad your computer does not have sound Nicolette. I hope you can get it fixed soon.
:)

Miss Lunar Tears said...

FAREWELL, S-MAN!

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

So long I shall bid you a do *bows and sits in corner*

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*leaps at Dragona crazily and gets him in a headlock*


TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT!!!!




*gives Dragona a long noogie*

Miss Lunar Tears said...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::))))))))))))))))))))))

LOOK ME IN THE EYES

BUT WHICH ARE MY EYES???

Dragona Pine said...

Nicolette, read my fanfic...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

AUF WIEDERSEHN NICOLETTE!

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*goes to find Nicolette*






























*trips over her and falls in the corner*



Ouch. OH! There you are. Down here!

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*mind explodes as Dragona says hmmm...again and ignores her*













































*Kallista dies*

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

Oh, look, Dragona, you KILLED Kallita, are you HAPPY NOW?

Dragona Pine said...

I've just got a feeling that none of you on here like me, I shoot you, throw you, and protect one of you. What Thrice said the other day about you being happier without me made me feel unwanted, and I know I go on about random crap... sorry...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

Don't you DARE say yes...

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

yep down here

Dragona Pine said...

*uses magic yorkshire pudding to bring Kallista back to zombie life*

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

I'm having a little rant about how my English teacher gave us 5 minutes to solve Einstein's riddle

Dragona Pine said...

I don't even know what Einstein's riddle is...

Dragona Pine said...

Where has everyone gone?

Miss Lunar Tears said...

The question is: "Who owns the fish?"

Hints:
The Brit lives in the red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left of the white house.
The green house's owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the center house drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.

Miss Lunar Tears said...

THIS is Einstein's riddle

He said only 2% of the population would be able to solve it without guessing

Dragona Pine said...

No one owns a fish...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

Dragona, somebody DOES own the fish...

I just have no idea who it is...

Mary Hiashi said...

No one owns the fish?

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

That's what everyone guesses....

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Dragona....that makes me cry to think you feel that way. :(
All of us like you here. I've told that to you before. Why don't you believe me?

Darkane Claw said...

Hey people.

Miss Lunar Tears said...

WHO OWN'S THE FISH?!

*breaks down in confusion*

Mary Hiashi said...

The German?

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

*Kallista's tiny brain explodes at the riddle*

Dragona Pine said...

I'm just depressed Kallista, just ignore me, I'm not here... I've blown up or something... I just get the feeling SOME of you don't...

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

The German..

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Hi Darkane!

Dragona Pine said...

Hi Darkane...

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

I say the German because were going to a german market tommorow .

Darkane Claw said...

I'm gonna be on and off, I'm watching a movie.

Mary Hiashi said...

I say the German.

Miss Lunar Tears said...

But you need a specific answer...

Like, the German lives in the blue house and drinks coffee with the horses

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Not gonna ignore you Dragona. Have seen no sighns that others do not like you. Will ignore THEM if that's how someone feels, though....

Mary Hiashi said...

I have my reasons...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Darkane. Left you another comment on your blog.

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

im going to work it ou be bacl later

Miss Lunar Tears said...

Bye Darkane... :(

Darkane Claw said...

I've read it Kallista, and no, no one is coming back.

Mary Hiashi said...

Give me a minute...

Dragona Pine said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra_Puzzle



^^^


LOOK AT THAT LUNAR, IT WILL HELP!

Dragona Pine said...

Brb... signing in on laptop...

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Sorry everybody. I'm feeling a bit weak and ill right now. If Flo comes on, will someone tell her I have my new fanfic up?
I will be on later. But I know many of you awesome people will be gone. So...goodnight to Darkane, Nicolette, Sarthacus, Flo, Dragona, Skylara, Octaboona, Tanith, Thrice, Orius, Lunar, and Knight. I think I got evrybody.

Hope to see Mary, Skulgirl, Skyril, Lizzy, and Deagle later.

Bye all.
:)

Kallista Pendragon - Beautiful Zombie Goddess said...

Awwww.....c'mon Darkane!
:)

OK. Now I'm going.

Darkane Claw said...

Night Kallista, hope you feel better soon.

Darkane Claw said...

Nope, no one's coming back.

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

Night Kallista , :(

Heya Darkane

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

so far I have

1st house yellow water

2nd house blue tea

3rd housered milk

4th house germ prince

5th house white beer

Mary Hiashi said...

The German lived in the yellow house, and smokes Dunhill, Prince, Pall Mall, Blends, and Bluemasters.

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

I give up

Dragona Pine said...

Back...


Bye Kallista...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

Nicolette, I' not reading it and the reason there may be typos in this is cos i've got my hand pnver half nmy screen not looking at your coment

byr kallis5ta, hope you feel better soon

I went on a website that said if you look straight at the answer, not even attwmpting it then you should be ashamed

so im trying to work it out

Dragona Pine said...

Nicolette, read my fanfic...

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

NO.

Dragona Pine said...

Fine :P

Miss Lunar Tears said...

My head hurts :S

Dragona Pine said...

I don't think Flo will be coming on tonight...

Dragona Pine said...

Lol Jimmy's Food Factory is funny... making mash potato...

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm... :S a drum thingy...

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

*bashes head on keyboard* g ttgfhyujyh

.......... I WANT MY LAPTOP BACK!

Dragona Pine said...

Lol Nicolette...

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Dragona Pine said...

:P

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

*cries herself to sleep*

Dragona Pine said...

*uses magic yorkshire pudding to magic up Nicolette a laptop*

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Nicolette Croga - The Lone Wolf said...

thanks ... but it's not my laptop .. NO MUSIC ON THIS THING!!...

IT'S KILLING ME!

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Dragona Pine said...

:P


Where is everyone?

Dragona Pine said...

Hmm...

Miss Lunar Tears said...

I THINK I'VE WORKED OUT THE BRITISH MAN DRINKS MILK

BUT I CAN'T BE SURE

WHY DID EINSTEIN HAVE TO BE SO CLEVER?

Dragona Pine said...

Brb...

Darkane Claw said...

Awesome fan fic Dragona, I left a comment.

julz101 said...

*Slop*
Aww no... my brain just melted all over the carpet... I should have listened to you Mr Landy. I thought I could take the dead awesomeness of Skulduggery but evidently not... *sigh*

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1405   Newer› Newest»